Monday, May 27, 2013

Gluten Free Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Once I felt that I had succeeded with sandwich bread I had to keep the ball rolling.  Actually, this one came about because of my Mother's craving.  She was missing cinnamon raisin bread terribly.  The story goes like this...

We were doing our monthly Costco trip together and I was bragging about my success with sandwich bread.  (My mom is a celiac also, so I have to share my successes with her.)  She confessed her craving for cinnamon raisin bread, and I began to wonder if such a recipe could be found on the Baking Beauties website.  Technology is wonderful, and smartphones are so handy... within minutes we had our answer.  YES!   A quick call home to confirm if we had raisins and we rushed home to try it out.  



It rose beautifully and melted in your mouth.  It smells wonderful as it bakes.  This recipe is AMAZING.  I didn't take any pictures, so for now I'll borrow the ones off of Baking Beauties.  Again, I didn't tamper with the recipe (why fix what isn't broken?).  My husband loves this bread so much that I often find him enjoying it as an evening snack (he doesn't have to eat GF).  Enjoy!



Gluten Free Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Author: Jeanine Friesen - The Baking Beauties
Gluten-free Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Bread | The Baking Beauties

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins
Wet Ingredients:
  • 3/4 – 1 cup warm water (start with 3/4 cup and add up to 1/4 cup if necessary)
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 egg whites
Dry Ingredients:
  • 1 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/2 cup potato starch
  • 1/2 cup tapioca starch
  • 1/4 cup milk powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Place oats & raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain water using a sieve or strainer. It is Ok if it is still wet, you just don’t want any puddles in the mixture.
  2. Combine water, sugar & yeast. Stir and let sit until foamy on top. Then add the cider vinegar, vegetable oil, eggs and egg whites.
  3. Combine all dry ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer until well mixed.
  4. Add the soaked oats & raisins to the dry ingredients. Turn the mixer (with the paddle attachment) on low speed, and slowly add the wet ingredients. Once combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Turn the mixer on medium, beat for 4 minutes.
  5. Spoon dough into prepared bread pan. Let rise, uncovered, in a warm, draft-free place for 25 minutes, or until it has reached the top of the bread pan. (I preheat my oven to 100 degrees F, and turn it off, just so it is warm in there, and then I leave the oven light on for warmth, and well…light.)
  6. Place bread in preheated 350 degrees F oven, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until nicely browned & the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the top.
  7. Remove loaf from oven, and leave in the bread pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove from pan & cool on wire cooling racks (I like to cool loaf on its side). When the loaf is completely cool, store in airtight bag. Can be left on the counter for 3 days, or frozen (wrap in additional plastic wrap if freezing).
Gluten-free Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Bread | The Baking Beauties

No comments:

Post a Comment